Sunday, November 11, 2007

So Where Should We Begin?

At the beginning seems so trite and overused, still I laying out my premise seems as good a place to start as any, so...

One of the main questions people ask me when they find out I run TShirtTrauma.com is "How the hell did you come up with that?" or "What made you decide to make THAT into a T-Shirt?" (usually closely followed by the phrase "I've got an idea that I think would make a great shirt!") It seems nearly everyone I talk to has an idea that they have run across or thought up that they feel would make an incredible T-Shirt.

With the internet inspiring creativity and self-expression of more and more individuals, people are starting to see the value in expressing themselves in a variety of different ways, including blogs, fan fiction, online art galleries, musical compositions, and yes, even the clothes they chose to wear. People realize that in today's world, the clothing you wear in public is an extension of your personality. It gives the random person you pass on the street an idea of your values, sense of humor, and social status without ever having to say one word to you.

Some people are fine with Nike or Hollister creating the image that they portray in public. Other people want to be a little more...self-expressive. My Blog will disucss how we decide and create ideas for the people who chose to follow that, more expressive fashion path.

No comments: